Hints and Tips
- Growing and collecting Bromeliads is addictive and incurable
- Air circulation around your Bromeliads is your best ally
- Removing leaves is best done by splitting the leaf down the centre lengthwise and then pulling half to your left and half to your right.
- Cut flower spikes off above the water line and at a 450 angle
- To mount plants to a host, try thin strips of knitted shade cloth to tie them on or waterproof liquid nails.
- Newly potted plants should be watered immediately after potting and with Seasol this limits the stress on the plant.
- If a plant looks or smells like its rotting, tip water out of its cup and sprinkle some cinnamon powder into the cup.